I can whip up this pie in minutes using the microwave, so it's great for drop-in guests. People are always surprised I can serve them a slice so quickly.—Shirley Pochipinski, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter until crumbly; press two-thirds onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange in crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes; rotate. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Graham Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p35
Reviews for Apple Graham Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review