Apple-Gouda Melts Recipe
- 6 slices seeded whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, sottened, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1. Arrange bread on a baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 open-face sandwich equals 332 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Gouda Melts
"Smooth salty-sweet delight... We love it... Spread with a little cream cheese for a special kick!"