Apple-Gouda Melts Recipe
Grilled cheese is a go-to meal in our family for an after-school snack, quick lunch, and even a fun treat on ski trips. These sandwiches are just a grown-up version of something we all love. —Cherylin Birkholz, Marysville, California
- 6 slices seeded whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, sottened, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1. Arrange bread on a baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 open-face sandwich equals 332 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Gouda Melts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC