Apple-Gouda Melts Recipe
- 6 slices seeded whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, sottened, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Gouda Melts in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Apple-Gouda Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2013
Smooth salty-sweet delight... We love it... Spread with a little cream cheese for a special kick!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >