- 6 slices seeded whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, sottened, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Gouda Melts in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Apple-Gouda Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2013
"Smooth salty-sweet delight... We love it... Spread with a little cream cheese for a special kick!"