Apple Gorgonzola Frittata Recipe
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; set aside. In another bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Discard garlic.
- Reduce heat. Add egg mixture to skillet; sprinkle with apple and cheese. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Gorgonzola Frittata in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Apple Gorgonzola Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2009
""Discard garlic"???.....Sacrilege !!.....Blaspheme !!......heh heh"