- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; set aside. In another bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Discard garlic.
- Reduce heat. Add egg mixture to skillet; sprinkle with apple and cheese. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Gorgonzola Frittata in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p39
Reviews for Apple Gorgonzola Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2009
""Discard garlic"???.....Sacrilege !!.....Blaspheme !!......heh heh"