Curly endive is slightly bitter, so it’s a good match for sweet, crunchy apples. The dressing recipe, which came from my grandmother, really pulls the salad all together. —Pat Ferjancsik, Santa Rosa, California
Featured In: 27 Apple Recipes to Make this Fall
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium red apples, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 10 cups torn curly endive
- In a large bowl, whisk cream, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in apples and cheese. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Serve apple mixture over endive. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Gorgonzola Endive Salad in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p46
Reviews for Apple-Gorgonzola Endive Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013
"The Gorgonzola caught my eye so I had to try this. It was sweet and tangy and even better the second day for lunch. It was very "packable" for the lunch bag and very simple to make."