Apple-Glazed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1. Rub 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt jelly over low heat. Whisk in mustard and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Brush roast lightly with jelly mixture.
- 3. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting once with jelly mixture. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Stir drippings in pan to loosen browned bits. Pour into a measuring cup; skim fat. Stir the remaining jelly mixture, lemon juice, salt and pepper into drippings; heat through. Serve with the roast. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked pork with 1 tablespoon sauce) equals 256 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apple-Glazed Pork Loin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer