Apple-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
Simple enough for weeknights yet impressive enough for guests, these juicy chops are topped with a glaze of herbs, apple cider and brown sugar. The cooked apple slices and onions will make it a fast favorite in your home.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 large tart apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Add the cider, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, salt, rosemary and thyme. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°:. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small skillet, cook the apples, onion, butter and remaining brown sugar over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until apples are softened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC