Apple-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 large tart apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Add the cider, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, salt, rosemary and thyme. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°:. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small skillet, cook the apples, onion, butter and remaining brown sugar over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until apples are softened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Apple-Glazed Pork Chops
"Easy and tasty!"
"I made this for my ex-girlfriend and my family a few Thanksgivings ago on separate occasions. Tell ya what, made me look great in her eyes. The family loved everything and it was a smash hit. I was a senior at the University of Texas - arts, nothing culinary. If I can make this work so can you."
"Over the last several years I've tried numerous apple pork chop dishes...they always sound good but the reality leaves me disappointed. But this recipe is perfect...exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks!"
"I used red onion for a little more flavor. We really liked this. It was a great way to use up some apples that I had."
"I wasn't crazy about this recipe. I usually cook fried pork chops so my fiance and i thought these ones were a little bland, not horrible though. The apples gave it a little bit of flavor."
"Faaaaaaan-frigg'n-tastic! Made this for a special evening with my Ladylove and now I'm going to take it home to show my family! ... she can come too =)"
"So easy, and soooo good!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer