Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens
From Donna Mussina of White Oak, Pennsylvania, these golden brown game hens are treated to a citrusy cinnamon-apple glaze that's simple but special enough for a standout entree.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 lemon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tie legs of each hen together; tuck wings under hens. Place on a
- greased rack in a roasting pan. In a small saucepan, combine
- cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Stir in the
- lemon slices and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1
- minute or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the glaze over the hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°,
- basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.