Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
From Donna Mussina of White Oak, Pennsylvania, these golden brown game hens are treated to a citrusy cinnamon-apple glaze that's simple but special enough for a standout entree.
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 lemon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tie legs of each hen together; tuck wings under hens. Place on a greased rack in a roasting pan. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Stir in the lemon slices and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the glaze over the hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p15
Reviews for Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
This is one of my absolute favorite ways to make cornish hens! I've made it for just my husband and I and guests and it's always gotten good reviews. It also smells wonderful while roasting!