- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add juice and thyme to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken to pan; cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apple-Glazed Chicken Thighs
"This recipe is very good. I did add a little red pepper flakes to cut the sweetness of the apple juice. I gave it 4 stars only because I don't think you could get the chicken done in the time and method the recipe states. I browned the chicken, put it in my Dutch oven, poured the sauce over it and baked it at 350* until the chicken was totally done. I served the thighs and sauce over basmati rice with green beans."