Apple-Glazed Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 whole cloves
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on both sides; drain. Add the onion, garlic, whole cloves and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Drain and discard pan juices. Cover and refrigerate meat for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the apple jelly, wine or juice, green onion, mustard, salt, pepper and curry powder. Cook and stir until jelly is melted. Place meat in a greased foil-lined 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour half of sauce over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is heated through and glazed, basting several times Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple-Glazed Beef Brisket
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.