Apple Gingerbread Cake
Add apples and a crumb topping to a packaged gingerbread cake mix for a speedy treat.
9 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg until combined. Add
- apple; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Combine pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 272 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.