Add apples and a crumb topping to a packaged gingerbread cake mix for a speedy treat.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg until combined. Add apple; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Gingerbread Cake in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p300
Reviews for Apple Gingerbread Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review