- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg until combined. Add apple; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Gingerbread Cake in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p300
Reviews for Apple Gingerbread Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2014 Edited Aug. 12, 2015
"This recipe sounds very good"
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2012 Edited Aug. 12, 2015
"5 Stars!Didn't have any apples on hand so used applesauce instead. Have also used canned apple pie filling. Nice and moist every time!I've added crushed cookies crumbs to the nut topping as well!"
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2012
"This was a very easy recipe to make. The only thing I did different was I doubled the brown sugar and pecans. I wanted more on the top. We will make this again."