- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg until combined. Add apple; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Apple Gingerbread Cake
Sort By :
Elaineeee3: This recipe sounds very good but I don't understand your post. I don't see buttermilk or butter in recipe. Did you make the packaged recipe first and then add the other recipe ingredients - water, egg, apple, etc.?
"I changed the buttermilk to 1/4 c almond milk and 1/4 cup coconut milk, and the butter to coconut oil. and because the apples I used were sour I sprinkled a tbls of honey over them. YUMMY!"
"5 Stars!Didn't have any apples on hand so used applesauce instead. Have also used canned apple pie filling. Nice and moist every time!I've added crushed cookies crumbs to the nut topping as well!"
"This was a very easy recipe to make. The only thing I did different was I doubled the brown sugar and pecans. I wanted more on the top. We will make this again."