Apple German Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4-in. chunks. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Apple German Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"use applesauce instead - make ahead , then freeze --- quick to thaw !!"
"I'm typically not a "chocolate" fan, yet the craving hit me. This recipe satisfied my chocolate craving tremendously! The "true" chocolate lovers in my house were very pleased as well."
"Its moist, tastes great, and smells so good baking. Everyone loves it!"
"This was a great hit at our park "pot luck" - will make it again...soon - very moist and tasty! Thanks for sharing!"
"Very moist good cake. Great for picnics."