"This delectable dessert is perfect to bake when unexpected guests stop by," writes Shirley Weaver from Zeeland, Michigan. A boxed cake mix and canned pie filling make the moist snack cake a cinch to put together while chocolate chips and nuts create the quick-and-easy topping.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4-in. chunks. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apple German Chocolate Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p8
Reviews for Apple German Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review