Apple German Chocolate Cake Recipe
"This delectable dessert is perfect to bake when unexpected guests stop by," writes Shirley Weaver from Zeeland, Michigan. A boxed cake mix and canned pie filling make the moist snack cake a cinch to put together while chocolate chips and nuts create the quick-and-easy topping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4-in. chunks. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC