Apple Fruit Bread Recipe
When it's apple harvesttime, I buy apples by the bushel basket so we have plenty to eat fresh, and some to use in this apple bread recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Combine egg and apple juice; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple, raisins, walnuts and cherries. Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 116 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apple Fruit Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC