Apple Fritter Rings
This old fashioned treat is the perfect way to end an inexpensive meal.—Bernice Snowberger, Monticello, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 5 large tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking
- powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture until smooth (batter will
- be thick). Peel, core and cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip
- apple rings into batter; fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot
- fritters. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.