Apple Frangipane Phyllo Tart Recipe
An almond-flavored frangipane creates a nutty bottom layer for my apple tart. Golden phyllo dough creates a delicate and crispy melt-in-your-mouth crust.—Jessie Sarrazin, Livingston, Montana
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1-1/4 cups blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 small apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, warmed
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; coat with cooking spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Gently press phyllo into a 9-in. tart pan, allowing ends to extend over edges of pan.
- Layer with remaining phyllo, spraying after each layer; arrange in pan, rotating phyllo so corners do not overlap. Fold in overhanging phyllo, to form a pastry shell.
- Place almonds and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Add the flour, butter and salt; pulse until blended.
- Add the egg yolks, amaretto and almond extract; cover and pulse to blend well. Spread filling over the bottom of phyllo shell.
- Halve apples and thinly slice widthwise. Arrange apples in a pinwheel pattern over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Remove to a wire rack and cool slightly. Brush warmed jelly over apples. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Frangipane Phyllo Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p134
Reviews for Apple Frangipane Phyllo Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Apple Tart Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >