Now that I live in Florida, making these tasty muffins takes me back to my days in the Northeast, where cranberries and apples are in abundance.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- For filling, combine apples, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. For muffins, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, oil, cranberry juice, cranberries and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling on top. Fill muffins cups two-thirds full with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 35-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Filled Cranberry Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Apple-Filled Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review