- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- For filling, combine apples, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. For muffins, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, oil, cranberry juice, cranberries and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling on top. Fill muffins cups two-thirds full with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 35-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Filled Cranberry Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Apple-Filled Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2012
"fabulous! easy and delicious!! very tasty"