Apple Dutch Baby Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 to 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Heat 5-8 minutes or until melted. Stir in apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, flour, milk, baking powder and salt until smooth. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Spread over apples. Bake at 400° 12-15 minutes or until set and golden. If desired, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Dutch Baby(7)
Sort By :
This recipe was very good. It did taste a lot like eggs though but we ate it with syrup so it masked the eggy taste.
This was AWESOME. It was much lighter than I thought it would be. The whole family loved it.
Would like to know if I can substitute whole what or oatmeal flour for white flour.
This is super yummy and very easy. I made it both for Christmas morning and New Years Day. Everyone wants a copy of the recipe.
This was so yummy! Even the non-apple lovers in my family ate it. I had some warmed up the next day and it was even better. Definitly worth the numerous steps!