- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon to within 1 in. of edges; top with apples. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil, whisking to blend. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Dumpling Rollups in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p67
Reviews for Apple Dumpling Rollups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2014
These were so yummy! The dough is VERY sticky and a bit tricky to work with. My rolls weren't as beautiful as Jenny's picture, which was the only reason I gave this 4 stars. The family didn't mind how they LOOKED, because they tasted wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Dumplings >
- Apple Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Apple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >