- Repeat layers of pastry, apples and cinnamon-sugar twice. Roll out
- remaining dough to fit top of dish and place on top. Using a sharp
- knife, cut 2-in. slits through all layers at once.
- For syrup, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar
- is dissolved. Pour over top crust. Bake at 400° for 35-40
- minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm with whipped topping
- or ice cream if desired. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 474 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.