- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate dough into 16 triangles. Cut each apple into eight wedges. Wrap a crescent dough triangle around each apple wedge. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and butter; sprinkle over rolls. Slowly pour the soda around the rolls (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 16 dumplings.
Reviews for Apple Dumpling Bake
Sort By :
"Taste great easy and quick to make."
"My husband and I both loved these, they're light and fluffy with a nice sauce."
"I made this recipe for the first time today for our Thanksgiving dinner. I doubled the recipe and put it in a turkey roasting sized throw away rectangular pan...one of the huge ones and it held 24 and I added an extra 1/4 cup of Mt. Dew per recipe. We ate them warm without the ice cream and everyone went wild about them. This recipe is a definite keeper."
"This was so good! I think my husband enhaled two of them without even breathing! I didn't have Mountain Dew so I used non-alcholic sparkling wine...it turned out perfectly. Thanks for such an easy and tasty recipe."
"I made this tonight, and I cannot believe how awesome it is!!! Such a simple, fast recipe, and it is definitely a ''keeper" Totally delicious. Will try it with mangos next time. I did add a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg."