Apple Dumpling Bake Recipe
"I received this recipe from a friend of mine, then tweaked it to suit my family's tastes," says Chris Shields of Monrovia, Indiana. Mountain Dew is the "secret" ingredient in this rich apple dessert that's a snap to make.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Unroll crescent rolls and separate dough into 16 triangles. Cut each apple into eight wedges. Wrap a crescent dough triangle around each apple wedge. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sugar and butter; sprinkle over rolls. Slowly pour the soda around the rolls (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 16 dumplings.
2 apple dumplings (calculated without ice cream) equals 413 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC