Apple Dumpling Bake Recipe
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Wrap each around an apple wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Pour soda slowly around rolls (do not stir).
- 3. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 16 servings
1 dumpling: 207 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apple Dumpling Bake
"Taste great easy and quick to make."
"My husband and I both loved these, they're light and fluffy with a nice sauce."
"I made this recipe for the first time today for our Thanksgiving dinner. I doubled the recipe and put it in a turkey roasting sized throw away rectangular pan...one of the huge ones and it held 24 and I added an extra 1/4 cup of Mt. Dew per recipe. We ate them warm without the ice cream and everyone went wild about them. This recipe is a definite keeper."
"This was so good! I think my husband enhaled two of them without even breathing! I didn't have Mountain Dew so I used non-alcholic sparkling wine...it turned out perfectly. Thanks for such an easy and tasty recipe."
"I made this tonight, and I cannot believe how awesome it is!!! Such a simple, fast recipe, and it is definitely a ''keeper" Totally delicious. Will try it with mangos next time. I did add a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg."
"This was delicious! I will definately be making this again."
"This is one of the easiest recipes to make. Definitely "company worthy"."
"I have made this and it so easy and very good.We really like it."
"You would not believe how amazing this is. People rave about it every time it is served."
"Apple Dumpling bake..So delicious!! Love it and serve it often."
"This is the best recipe and so easy to prepare. I love to serve it when company comes. Everyone loves it."
"I substitute the apples for can peaches and the raves are non-stop!!!Great recipe!!donna"
"These are so delicious and easy to make. I use Granny Smith apples, too, since they are firmer than other varieties. A big hit with whomever has tasted these gems!"