Apple Dip With Crisps Recipe
"My sister created this recipe for a family celebration, but it's great anytime," relates Joni Karcher, Geneva, Nebraska. With the tempting taste of a home-baked pie, this finger food pairs warm spiced apples with cute cutout shapes from a prepared crust.
- CINNAMON-SUGAR CRISPS:
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- APPLE DIP:
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1. For cinnamon-sugar crisps, on a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. Halloween-shaped cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and cinnamon in butter until apples are tender. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into a serving dish. Serve warm with cinnamon-sugar crisps. Yield: 3 cups dip (2 to 3 dozen crisps).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC