Apple Dip With Crisps Recipe
- CINNAMON-SUGAR CRISPS:
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- APPLE DIP:
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- For cinnamon-sugar crisps, on a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. Halloween-shaped cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and cinnamon in butter until apples are tender. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into a serving dish. Serve warm with cinnamon-sugar crisps. Yield: 3 cups dip (2 to 3 dozen crisps).
Reviews for Apple Dip With Crisps
Sort By :
"Make a double batch. It goes so quick. Everyone loved it."
"Definitely a 5-star! I used Granny Smith apples and kept the dip in a crock pot on warm after it was done. Delicious! I also used small cookie cutters in the shapes of leaves, pumpkins, and apples to make it a festive fall treat!"
"Ok...first of all...this recipe is delicious! BUT I would like to add that there is NO WAY that this all takes 25 minutes from start to finish! Unless Joni already had the apples peeled and chopped and the dough was already laid out and cookies cutters already in it! This is DEFINITELY half sarcastic! I didn't mind doing it at all and like I said, it is delicious (because I almost sat down with a spoon and ate the dip without the crisps!) but it definitely took longer than what was stated! Thanks!"