Apple-Dijon Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, apple juice and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple-Dijon Pork Roast(5)
Sort By :
Unbelievable! I did alter by adding pork neck bones in the bottom of the slow cooker (bones make better gravy, discard after cooking) lightly browned the roast and placed it on top of neck bones. Added salt and pepper,garlic powder and thyme on top of roast. I agree that 2 T. cornstarch is plenty enough to thicken the gravy. Yummy!
we enjoyed this sauce/gravy very much the cook time for me was 3 1/2 hours so just watch the temp of the meat instead of whats suggested
This was very tasty and easy to prepare. I love slow cooker recipes. When I can be cooking a great meal and able to do other things at the same time I am a happy lady.
Wonderful flavor and so easy. My boyfriend doesn't like mustard so I added some onion, pepper, rosemary and garlic to help hide it. It was delicious. Will definitely make it again, perfect for our low-sodium diet. The gravy was delightful. Started out with 2 tblsp corn starch as other reviewer suggested and ended up using the full 6 tblsps. Can't wait to get to the leftovers.
Excellent flavor, however DO NOT use 6 tablespoons of cornstarch. That's way too much 2 tablespoons is probably enough.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >