Apple-Dijon Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, apple juice and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- 2. For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with about 1/3 cup gravy (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth) equals 197 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer