Apple-Dijon Pork Roast
Cindy Steffen from Cedarburg, Wisconsin shares one of her family favorites for cold-weather comfort. “This recipe takes less than five minutes to assemble and is delicious.” TIP: “I like to serve the roast with rice, then use the tangy sauce as a gravy for both,” Cindy shares.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- broth, apple juice and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on
- low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour juices into a
- small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually
- stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with about 1/3 cup gravy (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth) equals 197 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer