Delicious with ice cream or whipped topping, this dessert is always a welcome treat. We especially like it served warm.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-or 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with
- lemon juice. Combine brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon;
- sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve
- with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.