Delicious with ice cream or whipped topping, this dessert is always a welcome treat. We especially like it served warm.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-or 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Dessert in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p107
Reviews for Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2011
"My granddaughter made this and loved how it turned out. Big scoop of ice cream with it."