Apple Dessert Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine apple and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in sour cream and cinnamon. Cover and cook at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes or until brown sugar is melted, stirring once. Stir until blended. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup: 193 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (33g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Apple Dessert Sauce
"This is a great recipe. It took 5 minutes to throw together. I served it over Buttered Pecan Ice Cream."