Apple Dessert Sauce
Purchased pound cake gets dressy with this quick and creamy sauce. “It's so easy, even kids can make this!”
—Jacqueline Graves, Cumming, Georgia
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine apple and water. Cover and
- microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook
- 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sour cream and cinnamon. Cover and cook at 50% power for
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes or until brown sugar is melted, stirring
- once. Stir until blended. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 1-3/4
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.