- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine apple and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sour cream and cinnamon. Cover and cook at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes or until brown sugar is melted, stirring once. Stir until blended. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Apple Dessert Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2009 , p28
Reviews for Apple Dessert Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"This is a great recipe. It took 5 minutes to throw together. I served it over Buttered Pecan Ice Cream."