Delicious with ice cream or whipped topping, this dessert is always a welcome treat. We especially like it served warm.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-or 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Dessert in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p107
Reviews for Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2011
"My granddaughter made this and loved how it turned out. Big scoop of ice cream with it."