I finish off many of my meals with this dessert, a tart and tongue-tingling dessert that's a breeze to cook in the microwave.—Mary Malchow, Neenah, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Divide apples among four ungreased 10-oz. microwave-safe bowls. Top
- each with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Sprinkle with cinnamon; top
- each with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7-1/2 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Cool slightly; drizzle with caramel topping if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with margarine and without caramel topping) equals 124 calories, 46 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat. Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 850-watt microwave.