Apple Delight Salad
This refreshing fruit salad gets a triple crunch from apples, celery and walnuts. The simple yogurt dressing really enhances the flavor.Joyce Dancey, Clearwatewr, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts. In
- another bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar substitute and cinnamon
- until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 88 calories, 22 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 4 gm fat, 2 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.