Apple Date Crisp Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Additional apple slices, optional
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine apples and dates. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts; sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with apple slices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 445 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Apple Date Crisp
"Delicious. Not too sweet. Apple flavor really shines through. I substituted rolled oats for nuts due to allergy concerns, and for spices combined a teaspoon mixture of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Family voted it best apple crisp recipe ever."
"This is so good it ought to be illegal. My new fave dessert.FIVE STARS !!!!!"