Apple Date Crisp Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Additional apple slices, optional
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine apples and dates. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts; sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with apple slices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 445 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Apple Date Crisp
"Delicious. Not too sweet. Apple flavor really shines through. I substituted rolled oats for nuts due to allergy concerns, and for spices combined a teaspoon mixture of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Family voted it best apple crisp recipe ever."
"This is so good it ought to be illegal. My new fave dessert.FIVE STARS !!!!!"