My mother loves to make this old-fashioned dessert, and my father, brother and I love to eat it. Each serving is chock-full of apple slices, crunchy nuts and chewy dates. When the weather is cold, I love to warm up with this dessert. -Karin Cousineau, Burlington, North Carolina
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Additional apple slices, optional
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine apples and dates. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with apple slices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Date Crisp in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p35
Reviews for Apple Date Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review