Apple Date Crisp Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Additional apple slices, optional
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine apples and dates. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with apple slices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Date Crisp(2)
Sort By :
Delicious. Not too sweet. Apple flavor really shines through. I substituted rolled oats for nuts due to allergy concerns, and for spices combined a teaspoon mixture of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Family voted it best apple crisp recipe ever.
This is so good it ought to be illegal. My new fave dessert.
FIVE STARS !!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >