Apple Danish Pies Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and juice; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into four triangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll two triangles into 5-in. circles. Place each into an 8-oz. ramekin, pressing dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over dough in ramekins. Top with apple mixture. Roll out remaining crescent dough into 4-in. circles; place over filling. Cut slits in top.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pies. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 660 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 108g carbohydrate (77g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Apple Danish Pies
"Very good, so says my husband. Had a bit extra filling and put in ramekin and baked without the crust. The filling is excellent, would be great on toast also."
"This recipe is an answer to my quest for a simple delicious recipe just enough for two."
"This recipe is great. It's easy, tasty and smells so good when it's baking."