- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and juice; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into four triangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll two triangles into 5-in. circles. Place each into an 8-oz. ramekin, pressing dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over dough in ramekins. Top with apple mixture. Roll out remaining crescent dough into 4-in. circles; place over filling. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pies. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple Danish Pies
Sort By :
"I love this pie. It's tasty, easy to make and a great dessert for a nice dinner."
"This recipe is an answer to my quest for a simple delicious recipe just enough for two."
"This recipe is great. It's easy, tasty and smells so good when it's baking."