- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, almonds and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan; gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Apple Danish Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Sorry nobody in my family was overly crazy about this. I bake often and the leftovers are still sitting in my frig (which never happens).It looked pretty, but for me this dessert seemed to have an identity crisis. It didn't know if it wanted to be apple cheesecake or apple pie. I often make and enjoy unusual desserts, but this one was not for us."
"Out of sight!!! So many have asked for the recipe!!!!!!!"
"This was delicious! It reminded me of a mix between apple pie and cheesecake. I enjoyed this recipe because it was not as rich as a regular cheesecake. I used frozen apple slices and baked it for 5-10 minutes longer. It turned out great!"
"This cake was a huge hit. The crust is absolutely delicious and I will use it in other recipes in the future. The only change I would make is to double the amounts for the cheese layer."
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always a big hit."