- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, almonds and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan; gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Apple Danish Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Out of sight!!! So many have asked for the recipe!!!!!!!"
"This was delicious! It reminded me of a mix between apple pie and cheesecake. I enjoyed this recipe because it was not as rich as a regular cheesecake. I used frozen apple slices and baked it for 5-10 minutes longer. It turned out great!"
"This cake was a huge hit. The crust is absolutely delicious and I will use it in other recipes in the future. The only change I would make is to double the amounts for the cheese layer."
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always a big hit."
"Delicious. Made it for Easter Sunday lunch and it was a hit. Very easy to make - don't expect the pastry to be like a usual one, as it's very crumbly but works perfectly. Yummmmmm."