Apple Danish Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, almonds and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan; gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Apple Danish Cheesecake(13)
Sort By :
This was delicious! It reminded me of a mix between apple pie and cheesecake. I enjoyed this recipe because it was not as rich as a regular cheesecake. I used frozen apple slices and baked it for 5-10 minutes longer. It turned out great!
This cake was a huge hit. The crust is absolutely delicious and I will use it in other recipes in the future. The only change I would make is to double the amounts for the cheese layer.
I have made this recipe several times and it is always a big hit.
Delicious. Made it for Easter Sunday lunch and it was a hit. Very easy to make - don't expect the pastry to be like a usual one, as it's very crumbly but works perfectly. Yummmmmm.
I actually had made this recipe before & had given the cheesecake to a friend. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I adjusted the recipe by omitting the ground almonds and adding 2 Tbsp. milk to the crust. I didn't roll out the crust dough, I just pressed it into a greased and floured 9" springform pan. I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract in the filling. I omitted the slivered almonds in the topping. I'd even made mini cheesecakes and cut the butter down to 1/4 cup and melted the 1/4 cup butter for the mini cheesecake crust which I'd placed in fluted paper liners in muffin pans. For the 9" cheesecake and the mini cheesecakes, I used the 4 cups of apple topping. I'd recommend slicing the apples in half for the mini cheesecakes, but keep the apples slices as is for the 9" cheesecake. I baked the 9" cheesecake 45 minutes and the mini
cheesecakes 25 to 30 minutes! As for refrigerating, I chilled the cheesecake in the springform pan overnight before removing the cheesecake. It WAS NOT easy to get the cheesecake out of the bottom of the springform pan-I did have to use several utensils to get it off the bottom!
I did manage to get the cheesecake off the bottom of the pan. The mini cheesecakes I'd just chilled in my refrigerator! I would say that this recipe rated a 5* recipe! delowenstein
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >