Apple Danish Cheesecake Recipe
As a teacher who has lived in eight different towns and taught in 11 schools in three provinces, I have sampled a multitude of staff room goodies and collected many recipes. The one for this delightful cheesecake has traveled with me since my second school. It's an excellent brunch item.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour, almonds and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan; gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 356 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC