Apple Cutout Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients in order given and mix well. Chill dough 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with an apple-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a small bowl. Transfer three fourths of the frosting into another bowl; add red food coloring for apples. Add green food coloring to remaining frosting for stems. Frost cookies. Allow to sit overnight for frosting to harden. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Cutout Sugar Cookies(3)
Sort By :
I am a long-term TOH subscriber/reader and have been baking these cookies since they were published in the August/September 1994 issue. No sugar cookie recipe compares to this one! Everyone who tastes them asks me for the recipe and I refer them to TOH.
this is the only sugar cookie recipe I use anymore. Everyone loves them
Have made these for years. They are easy and amazing. Takes time but is well worth it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Icing for Sugar Cookies >
- Sugar Cookie Recipes >