Apple Cutout Sugar Cookies Recipe
Not only are these pretty cookies fun to serve, but they bake up delicate and flaky and taste wonderful. Even the dough is a treat to work with - so easy to roll out and cut. -Marlys Benning, Ackley, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients in order given and mix well. Chill dough 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with an apple-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For frosting, combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a small bowl. Transfer three fourths of the frosting into another bowl; add red food coloring for apples. Add green food coloring to remaining frosting for stems. Frost cookies. Allow to sit overnight for frosting to harden. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cutout Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC