Apple Custard Pie Recipe
There's no need to pull out your rolling pin to make this sweet treat. It has an easy press-in crust under a mouthwatering apple and custard filling.—Love Creek Orchards, Carol Adams, Medina, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples, (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Arrange apples over the crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- 2. For custard, whisk milk, egg and sugar in another small bowl until smooth; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC