- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples, (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Arrange apples over the crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- For custard, whisk milk, egg and sugar in another small bowl until smooth; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Custard Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p65
Reviews for Apple Custard Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2012
"Very yummy! But I added more custard."
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"I have made this several times. It is easy to make and yummy!"