Apple Custard Coffee Cake
"Once you try this luscious coffee cake, your mouth will water just thinking about it," relates Vickie Tinsley from Boonville, Missouri. "It can be served as a dessert by simply topping squares with whipped cream and cinnamon.
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss
- apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle
- over batter.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream and remaining sugar. Pour over the
- apples; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 430 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.