Apple Custard Coffee Cake Recipe
"Once you try this luscious coffee cake, your mouth will water just thinking about it," relates Vickie Tinsley from Boonville, Missouri. "It can be served as a dessert by simply topping squares with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
- 2. In a bowl, combine eggs, cream and remaining sugar. Pour over the apples; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 430 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC