"Once you try this luscious coffee cake, your mouth will water just thinking about it," relates Vickie Tinsley from Boonville, Missouri. "It can be served as a dessert by simply topping squares with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream and remaining sugar. Pour over the apples; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Custard Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p53
Reviews for Apple Custard Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review